Fort Recovery Lumber Co was founded in 1915 by Louis Moeller. Later, the company was passed down to Louis’s son-in-laws, Albert Bubp and Wm. Knapke in 1941. Then, in 1949, there was a devastating fire at the lumber yard that caused them to have to rebuild and continue the business. The third generation owners in 1980 were James and David Bubp. They were sons to Albert Bubp and moved the entire company to the current location on Wabash Road. Brian Bubp, son of James, and Chris Moeller, son-in-law of David, took over the business in 2004 and are still the current owners.